Booth Logistics Information
Avalon Manor 550 East US Highway 30 Merrillville, IN • Wednesday, June 26, 2013
The following information will help you in setting up your exhibit booth during the Diversity Job Fair & Business Symposium. Please share this information with key personnel.
- Avalon Manor 550 East US Highway 30 Merrillville, IN
- Your booth location will be available during setup on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 between 9-11:30am.
- 8 foot by 8 foot space
- 6 foot table with linen and skirt
- 2 chairs
- Electric access upon request (please bring your own extension cord)
- Access to the business symposium from 8am to 11:45am
- Wednesday, June 26, 2013 from 9 to 11:30am.
- Go to the Main Entrance and check-in to receive a booth map and agenda.
- You are responsible for setting up your own booth. Please make sure to bring your own hand-truck or cart.
- Due to fire regulations, you are required to use heavy-duty extension cords which must be grounded, flat, or 16-gauge wire or larger, and securely fastened to the floor. No cords may be placed over walkways.
- Once you have unloaded your items for your booth, please move your vehicle to the farthest parking spaces available. This will ensure the show attendees will have nearby parking available.
- Decorations are not permitted to be attached to ceilings, painted surfaces, columns, fabric, decorative walls, fire sprinklers or to any structures constituting part of the Avalon Manor facility. All decorative materials must be flameproof in accordance with all existing Fire and Safety Regulations. No helium balloons or adhesive backed decals, glitter, confetti, etc. are permitted to be distributed or used on the premises. No candles or open flames are allowed.
- Exhibits are to be open from noon to 4pm.
- Booth personnel need to be at the booths from 11:30am to 4:30pm.
- Dismantling of your booths may begin at 3pm. Please do not begin to dismantle prior to this time.
- Dismantling must be complete by 4pm and your area must be free of materials and boxes.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE INFORMATION BELOW AND EMAIL IT TO firstname.lastname@example.org BY JUNE 19th, 2013:
|You may purchase boxed lunches at $10 each.|
How many would you like to order?
|Do you need electricity?|
Thank you for your participation in the Diversity Job Fair & Business Symposium. I look forward to working with you to create a memorable day for Northwest Indiana. Please contact Cindy Kimmel with any questions at email@example.com or 219.548.4300.
June 26, 2013 - Agenda
For HR Professionals and Hiring Managers, Corporate Recruiters
- 8-8:30am - Registration and breakfast
- 8:45-9:30am - The Welcome Project presented by Valparaiso University
- 9:30-10:30am - Changing Faces presented by Jean Phelps of Express Personnel
- 10:45-11:45am - Interactive Panel Discussion on diversity topics featuring Rex Richards, Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce; Joseph Ferrallo, Chris Smith of NIPSCO, and Vanessa Allen from the Urban League
For Job Seekers
- Job Fair: 12-4pm
Educational Breakout Sessions during Job Fair
- "Breakout Resumes and Cover Letters" - Cyndi Harbin, of SHRM
- "Creating Your Elevator Pitch" - Joseph Ferrallo, Founder & President, Client Contact Center Solutions
- 1-2pm: First session
- 2-3pm: Second session
- Ameristar Casino Hotel
- Arcelor Mittal
- Bluechip Casino
- DeVry University
- Electrical Services 697
- Horseshoe Casino
- Luke Oil
- Strack & VanTil
- Town & Country
- Ultra Foods
- US Steel
- Valparaiso University
- City of Valparaiso