INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana State Bar Association in collaboration with the Indiana Pro Bono Commission, will sponsor Talk to a Lawyer Today on Monday as an annual tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The program is an opportunity for attorneys statewide to offer free legal consultations to members of the public who might not otherwise be able to afford the counsel.
The following site locations locally are as follows:
- East Chicago: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., East Chicago Shrine Center, 3711 Pulaski St.
- Gary: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., West Side High School, W. 9th Ave. & Gerry St.
- Lake Station: 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Lake Station-New Chicago Branch Library, 2007 Central Ave.
- Lowell: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Lowell Public Library, 1505 E. Commercial Ave.
- Morocco: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Morocco Community Library, 205 S. West St.
- Portage: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Portage Township Trustee’s Office, 3484 Airport Rd.
- Rensselaer: 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Rensselaer Public Library, 208 W. Susan St.
- Valparaiso: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Valparaiso University School of Law | 656 S. Greenwich St.
For more information, contact Judith H. Stanton at (219) 942-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.inbar.org.
A hotline for both English and Spanish-speaking callers will be available at (800) 266-2581 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday.