The Northwest Indiana Workforce Board has announced its 2013-14 slate of members.
Appointed board members are responsible for developing a strategic vision for workforce development in Northwest Indiana and overseeing the region's WorkOne, the state's one-stop employment and career office. Board members include leaders in education, labor, economic development, faith and the community.
Jasper, Lake, LaPorte, Newton, Porter, Pulaski and Starke counties all are represented on the board.
The board members are responsible for coordinating workforce and education resources in Northwest Indiana, as well supporting entrepreneurship efforts. Board members work with employers, developers and economists to determine the current and future skills needed in the workplace.
The new officers are Chairman Adam Collin, with Kruz Inc.; Vice Chairwoman Connie Ford, with IU Health La Porte Hospital; Treasurer Bob Schaefer, with Community Dynamics; Secretary George Douglas, with Indiana Beverage; and chief local elected official Nancy Adams, who is a Porter County commissioner.
Board members include:
- Maria Becerra, the city of East Chicago redevelopment department
- Michael Berta Jr., the Valparaiso Community School Corp.
- David Broad, Alliance E.M.S.
- Frank Cardello, Packaging Logic
- Tom Coley, Ivy Tech
- Kris Emaus, NiSource
- Melvyn Harding, Adult Education Consortium
- Tom Hargrove, United Steelworkers of America Local 1010
- Kevin Kieft, Indiana Economic Development Corp.
- Keith Kirkpatrick, KPM Group
- Kristine Krupicka, Republic Services
- Mary Lewis, Lake Shore Public Television
- Gary Miller, Prompt Ambulance Service
- Dan Murchek, NWI Federation of Labor
- Gary Olund, Northwest Indiana Community Action
- Arlene Pearson, Edgewater Systems for Balanced Living
- Jean Phelps, Express Employment Professionals
- Arnold Ransom, Family and Social Services Administration
- Rick Rondinelli, In Touch Pharmaceuticals
- Barbara Sacha, ArcelorMittal
- Joe Medellin ArcelorMittal
- Gerry Scheff, Emerson Power Transmission
- Ron Schlatter, Schlatter's Inc.
- Judy Stanton, Stanton Law Office
- Dennis Wimer, Indiana Department of Workforce Development