Nine small businesses from around Northwest Indiana will be recognized on Wednesday for their contributions to the Region's economy.
The 26th annual Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards event, also known as E-Day, is set for Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Avalon Manor, 3550 E. Lincoln Highway in Merrillville.
Keynote address will be given by Emerson Spartz, a Michigan City native and past E-Day young entrepreneur nominee. Spartz is CEO of Dose, a digital media company.
“Our E-Day winners may come from a variety of industries from all over the region, but they have something in common: their passion has created a measurable impact on our business community,” said Lorri Feldt, Northwest ISBDC regional director. “We are proud to provide a platform to showcase their entrepreneurial spirit.”
The 2017 E-Day winners include:
• Small Business Person of the Year: Pete Korellis, Korellis Roofing, Hammond
• Entrepreneurial Success: Donna Hubinger, Hubinger Landscaping, Crown Point
• Emerging Business of the Year: Rich and Leslie Monroe, Monroe’s Crossing, New Carlisle
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Seth Spencer, SERA Solutions, Michigan City
• Family-Owned Business of the Year: Leep family, Pleasant View Dairy, Highland
• Women-Owned Business of the Year: Justine King, Bilingual Speech Solutions, Crown Point
• Small Business Exporter of the Year: Scott Yaeger, FAST International, LaPorte
• Small Business Advocate of the Year: Erica Dombey, Regional Development Company, Valparaiso
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Robert Coolman, Coolman Communities, Valparaiso