2014-05-15T15:27:00Z 2014-05-15T18:41:05Z Clarification
May 15, 2014 3:27 pm

'CAREER SPECIALIST' PROCESS EXPLAINED: Some of the requirements to obtain a proposed "career specialist" teaching permit were omitted from a story in Thursday's editions due to miscommunication among State Board of Education staff.

Candidates for the alternative route to the high school classroom must have earned a bachelor's degree with a 3.0 grade point average, and have at least three years of full-time work experience in the subject they intend to teach.

In addition, they must complete training courses on how to teach within two years of receiving their permit.

The state education board is expected to again review and likely approve the new permit later this year.

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses



How must waste is there in Lake County government's budget?

View Results