"Directors of St. Joseph College Calumet Center acted as school boys again briefly in a series of pantomimes intended to show the progress of remodeling the center's new site at 4721 Indianapolis Blvd., East Chicago," read the July 31, 1960, story that accompanied these photos in The Hammond Times. 

The Calumet Center, now Calumet College of St. Joseph, began operations in September 1951 with 75 students. The remodeled furniture store was expected to nearly triple the number of students — at 380 when this story was published.