Another year is about to hit the dust, so let’s get ready for 2014 with our list of 30 ideas to make this the best ever New Year’s Eve.
Get Up and Go
1. Kids and their families can start to party at 10 am at Bellaboo’s New Year’s Eve Party. The event, with live music, dancing, a cooking class, art, stories and treats goes until to 5 pm Bellaboo’s Play and Discovery Center.
2. Kenny Loggins in Concert, 10:30 pm, Four Winds Casino Silver Creek Event Center, New Buffalo.
3. Meet the Naturalist at the Indiana Dunes State Park Nature Center for the annual end of End of the Year Waterfowl Tour on Tuesday, December 31 at 10 am. The tour most likely will car pool (bring driver’s licenses and/or ID) to the Port of Indiana for some great looks at species such as mergansers, buffleheads, and more.
4. Deep River Waterpark in Merrillville is hosting a Family Friendly New Year's Eve Celebration 5- 10pm. The $5 per person cost includes kids crafts, kid’s countdown at 8pm and a DJ from 5-10.
5. The Halls of St. George in Schererville are hosting a New Year’s Eve celebration featuring the band Together. Tickets cost $65. Doors open at 7 p.m., a gourmet dinner will be served at 8 p.m. and followed by dancing from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. The ticket includes complimentary party favors and a midnight champagne toast.
6. New Year’s Party at White Hawk Country Club in Crown Point. 7pm start for dinner, dancing and midnight buffet.
7. Sage Restaurant in Chesterton is offering a $50 Prix Fixe menu with seatings every hour from 5-9 p.m. From 9 p.m. until midnight Chef Joe will entertain guests followed by a midnight champagne toast.
8. Join the Valparaiso Eagles Lodge 2517 for a Western New Year’s Eve party. Tickets are $25 per couple, $15 per person with entertainment by live band Short Notice. Open to those 21 and over.
9. Enjoy Champagne toast and drink specials at the Miller Bakery Café in Miller Beach.
10. New Year's Eve Children's Celebration with DJ, magician, Cat in the Hat, $5 per person, refreshments from 2 to 5pm at St. Matthias Church n Crown Point.
11. New Years Eve Celebration with music by Together Band as well as cash bar, dinner, dancing, breakfast, champagne at midnight at Halls of St. George in Schererville.
12. New Year’s Eve comes to Griffith with St. Mary Church’s “Cheeseburger in Paradise.” Tickets are $25. Live band Mr. Funnyman will be performing while guests enjoy all-you-can-eat cheeseburgers until 11:30 p.m. Ring in the new year with a champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight.
13. HamVegas performs at It’s Vegas Baby, Blue Chip Casino, Hotel and Spa’s Las Vegas themed all night lounge.
14. Avain Hightower and Full Circle will be performing in the Lakeshore Lounge and Julia Huff & The Company Band at the Key Rewards Main Stage at the Majestic Star Casino and Hotel in Buffington Harbor.
15. Get away from it all with your own cozy cabin nestled in 85 acres of woods at Serenity Springs in Michigan City. Fireplaces, lake or channel views. Champagne for a midnight toast, choice of appetizer platter, cheesecake, gourmet chocolates scented bubble bath, carriage/sleigh ride and breakfast basket party favors are all on the list of goodies for New Year’s Eve package for two.
16. The Main Event ticket at the Star Plaza New Years Eve Bash grants access to the property-wide offerings of dance parties at T.J. Maloney’s Authentic Irish Pub, comedy shows, live entertainment and performances. Overnight packages available as well.
17. There’s live music with Bravo Johnny, all-night drink specials and a full-service cash bar at Star Plaza’s Atrium Party. Or choose the VIP Atrium party version--private cabana, one bottle of premium liquor, case of beer or six bottles of wine, and special NYE Appetizer Menu. Also included all-access wristbands to all main events. $75 per guest – minimum of 6 guests and maximum of 10 guests.
18. Dinner and dancing at the Lansing Chapter of the Knights of Columbus, Lansing, Illinois.
19. Besides their regular menu, Pikk’s Tavern in Valparaiso is offering food and drink specials and if open until 12:30 am.
20. Washington Park in Michigan City has the largest free drive through Festival of Lights in the Midwest.
21. Midnight fireworks and hot chocolate at Highland’s Main Square Park.
22. Ring in the New Year at the Porter County Expo Center’s annual New Year's Eve Party. Admission is $65 per person for a party all night long.
23. Channel Frank Sinatra. His Way Staring Ron Hawkins at Theatre at the Center in Munster.
24. Can’t make it to Spain for the holidays, then how about paella and tapas for New Year's Eve at Don Quijote restaurant in Valparaiso?
Get Set for a Party
25. Old World Market on the Courthouse Square in Valparaiso can guide you through the selection of cheeses, cured meats, wines, craft beers and specialty foods for your NYE party.
26. Put the flour and sugar back in the cabinet and call Dessert Menu, that wonderful French bakery café in Dyer. They’ll create a dessert table for your party loaded with goodies such as cream puffs, mini-tarts, small caramel, chocolate covered apples, specialty themed cakes, decorated cake pops and more than anyone who’s ever heard the word diet should want.
27. A favorite in Northwest Indiana since the 1920s, the third generation DeRosa Imports in Griffith not only offers Italian specialties but also foods from Hungary, Turkey, Greece, Serbia and Bulgaria. Choose from such hors d’oervres selections as Bende Csabai Hungarian Style Salami with Paprika, Serbia Hazelnut Spread, Agostino Recca Fillets of Anchovies and Biljana Homemade Ajvar, a red pepper spread from an area of Macedonia known for their great sweet and hot peppers. For desserts consider their Amaretto Baba Cakes and Bajadera Nougat Dessert.
28. How can you drink fine French Champagne without equally wonderful and colorful French macarons. Macarons can be ordered at both Tonya’s Patisserie in Chesterton and the Dinner Menu Bakery & Café in Dyer.