In recognition of the diverse cultural, social and business environments that come together at the Crossroads of America, we invite you to join us as we celebrate Hometown Festival Days in downtown Crown Point, the hub of Lake County.
Spanning two weekends, this festive kick-off to summer brings together vendors and restaurants from across the region for your enjoyment. The fun gets started June 13-14 with a traditional Corn Roast plus some exciting new special events and continues June 20-21 with a grand Food and Arts Festival on the square. You’ll find all the details plus a schedule of events inside!
It’s hard to believe it’s been almost five years since a Joint Merger Task Force with members from the Greater Crown Point Chamber of Commerce and Merrillville Chamber of Commerce convened and, after careful consideration of the pros and cons, recommended the formation of the Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Together, the strength that the Merrillville Chamber had in the business sector and the strength the Crown Point Chamber had in building community ties have made for a stronger region. This historic merger now provides networking opportunities for a membership of more than 700 business contacts, while enhancing the surrounding economic climate and civic environment.
Today, the Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce continues to work for the betterment of Northwest Indiana businesses and communities by promoting economic development, quality business practices, a voice in public policy and civic pride.
The Chamber accomplishes this through the active involvement of its members to provide business leadership, a forum for the exchanges of ideas, business-to-business opportunities and support of community events.
Members network, promote their business, share knowledge and have fun. Many provide their expertise to the following committees:
• Business Development Division
• Corporate Affairs Division
• Membership Affairs Division
• Antique Shows – two annual shows at the Lake County Fairgrounds – February and March
• Corn Roast – annual two-day downtown street fair
• Easter Bunny Breakfast – community event at the Courthouse Maki Ballroom
• Education – a link between the business community and the school districts of Merrillville and Crown Point for events such as Reality Stores, Teachers’ Appreciation Week, New Teachers’ Luncheon and professional development
• Food and Arts Festival – annual two-day downtown street fair
• Gala – annual event highlights community service awards, announces ATHENA award and recognizes community leaders (subcommittees include awards, decorations, entertainment, public relations, silent action and sponsorships)
• Golf Outing – annual summer scramble at a member golf course
• Landscape & Architectural – encourages the enhancement of the region’s built environment with annual awards
• Trade Show – annual Best of the Northwest Expo is an opportunity for members to showcase their products and services
I am honored to be a member of the Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce team along with Tristen Comegys, Membership Director; Farren Felus, Program Director; Tim Fealy, Office Manager and Lee Hartsell, Administrative Assistant.
To learn more about the benefits of membership in the Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce, stop by the office at 255 W 80th Place in Merrillville, call 219.769.8180 or log on to www.crossroadschamber.org.
See you at Hometown Festival Days,
Sue Reed, President & CEO
Crossroads Regional Chamber of Commerce