Here is what you'll need!
2 ripe bananas, peeled
1 cup pancake mix
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup milk
Oil for frying
Powdered sugar to serve
1. In a mixing bowl, use a fork to smash the bananas
2. Add in pancake mix, cinnamon & milk. Whisk together until combined.
3. Fry in oil. About 1 tablespoon per fritter.
4. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked through the middle.
5. Sprinkle powdered sugar
Inspired By: http://www.food.com/recipe/mashed-banana-fritters-337687
CHOCOLATE BANANA BRAID
2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (220°C)
2. Unfold the puff pastry. Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread onto the middle third.
3. Arrange the sliced bananas on top of the spread in a single layer. 4. Bananas may slightly overlap.
5. Cut out a triangle of the top right corner of the pastry. Repeat on the other side.
6. Cut diagonal slits along both sides of the pastry. Each will be around 1” thick.
7. Fold over the top piece of dough to partially cover the top row of bananas.
8. Alternating both sides, fold the strips of pastry over the bananas, mimicking a braid pattern.
9. Trim the excess dough on the sides, and fold over the bottom flap.
10. Brush the top of the braided pastry with the beaten egg. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet for and bake 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
11. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Inspired By: http://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/blueberry-braided-bread-from-emma-of-poires-au-chocolat.html
2 ripe bananas, peeled
3 egg yolks
⅓ cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups milk
1. Place the bananas, egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and milk into a blender and blitz until smooth.
2. Transfer mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until thick stir constantly for about 8-10 minutes.
3. Pour mixture into a heat safe bowl, cover and chill for at least 4 hours
4. To serve, scoop a few spoonfuls of pudding into a serving glass. 5. Add one layer of vanilla wafers, then whipped cream. Repeat. Serve or allow to sit in the fridge for upto 4 hours.
Inspired By: https://www.sweetandsavorybyshinee.com/basic-vanilla-pudding/
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BROWNIES
2 ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
½ cup, plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup flour
¼ cup, plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ cup smooth peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas. Add the sugar, ½ cup of butter, and vanilla, and whisk until combined. Add the flour, salt, and cocoa powder, and whisk until fully incorporated.
3. Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to grease a 9x9-inch baking tray.
4. Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to dust every side of the baking tray.
5. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
6. Use a spoon to add dollops of peanut butter on top of the batter. 7.Use a butter knife to swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center no longer jiggles when pan is shaken.
9. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.
Fact 1: 1.4 million bananas are tossed out daily in the UK
Fact 2: However, as bananas ripen sugar develops, making them great for desserts!