To highlight the advantages of purchasing a new home, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) celebrates April as New Homes Month. In partnership with The Times, local home builders are opening up newly constructed homes for the public to view during the Spring Showcase of Homes this weekend April 5 and 6 and again next weekend April 12-13 from noon to 4 p.m. all four days.
As the local housing market continues to improve with more people looking to take advantage of competitive home prices and low interest rates to find the perfect new homes, builders are answering the call:
Lake County maintenance-free living options:
• McFarland Homes in Monastery Woods of Cedar Lake and The Gates of St. John and Peninsula Point in St John
• Van Prooyen Builders in The Cottages of Barrington Estates in Hobart
• Phillippe Builders in The Gates of St. John
• Providence Real Estate Development in The Regency of Crown Point and Providence Townes of Lowell
Lake County single-family homes:
• Homes by Brian in Amber Fields of Schererville
• Dabrowski Construction in Whispering Ridge of Schererville
• Artisan Construction in Monastery Woods of Cedar Lake
• DR Horton in White Hawk West of Crown Point
• Phillippe Builders in Spring Run of Lowell
• Ridgemoor Builders in Tara of Schererville
• Steiner Homes in Ellendale Farm and Deer Ridge South of Crown Point
• Providence Real Estate Development in The Regency of Crown Point and Stonegate of Winfield
Porter County maintenance-free living options:
• Wilcox Communities in Courtyards at Pepper Creek and Villas at Vale Park of Valparaiso
• Phillippe Builders in Village Green at Coffee Creek of Chesterton
• Aldred Homes in Wild Rose of Valparaiso
Porter County single-family homes:
• Nardo Builders in Timberland Estates of Valparaiso
• Sommers Construction in Brigata Hills of Valparaiso
• Aldred Homes in Hawthorne Estates of Valparaiso
• Hennessey Homes in Arbor Lake Estates of Valparaiso
• Blum Construction in Arbor Lake Estates of Valparaiso
• Snemis Construction in Sagamore of Valparaiso and Mystic Springs of Center Township
• Bucher Construction in Sagamore of Valparaiso
• Coolman Communities in North Hampstead, Fairfield Greens, and Bridgewater Estates of Valparaiso
• Cornerstone Construction in Edgewood of Valparaiso
Here are a few advantages of new construction according to the NAHB:
Newly built homes offer better control of sunlight, indoor air quality, humidity and protection against hazardous substances, resulting in a healthier indoor environment. The American Lung Association has demonstrated how the air in older homes can be hazardous to your health and even more polluted than the air outdoors due to poor air ventilation and other contaminants.
Peace of Mind
New homes are built with the latest materials, have passed inspections and conform to current building codes. Beyond that, you can choose your own flooring, finishes, appliances and colors. Who wants to spend time changing someone else’s taste?
Throwing a party in an older home can be a challenge with smaller, distinct rooms making it difficult to entertain guests all together in one large space. Today, new home layouts feature more open spaces and rooms that flow into each other more easily. While you are preparing dinner, you can still interact with guests enjoying conversation without feeling closed off. Plus, the feeling of spaciousness in today’s new-home layouts is often enhanced with higher ceilings and additional windows that bring in more light than you would find in an older home.
New homes have the latest energy efficient, worry-free, cost saving and advanced technology materials plus appliances – all with warranties to protect you should anything go wrong at least for the first year.
With many homes to choose from on the market, new construction allows you to get precisely the features you want! After all, you’re buying much more than a house. Your home is a place to raise your family, build a sense of pride, make memories and call your very own.
The Spring Showcase of Homes “Builders Tour” is by far the best way to see firsthand what local builders are up to today plus all the virtues of new construction up close and personal. Use the map to plan your personal tour now!