Look for 30 brand new homes, open in 27 neighborhoods across 3 Northwest Indiana counties, where 17 of the area’s top builders look forward to meeting you this weekend.
Whether you’re currently contemplating the purchase of a first home or next home, are looking forward to building the home of you dreams soon or simply enjoy seeing what’s new in home design, it’s an ideal time to get out there and see what’s available right now.
The great selection of homes featured in the this year’s Fall Home Tour presented by The Times includes a range of price points located in both maintenance-free and traditional neighborhoods so there’s truly something for everyone. It’s also a great opportunity to see the long and varied list of new-home features and benefits firsthand.
Starting with greater energy efficiency and lower operating costs, a house built to the latest codes, full of brand-new appliances and the latest building products and technologies, offers improved safety and convenience with warranties on products and workmanship; larger, more open rooms; flexible spaces with built-in storage solutions; the opportunity for customization when it comes to colors, finishes and floor plans; less maintenance and fewer repairs including no need to renovate or remodel and far fewer unknowns as far as damage or maintenance concerns.
With new construction you can move in, unpack your boxes and relax. Check out all these great locations for your next home:
• Monastery Woods (McFarland Homes) – maintenance-free paired ranch and 2-story townhomes starting in the mid $100s.
• Deer Ridge South (Steiner Homes) – single-family home lots range from .3 to 1.2 acres and start in the mid $60s.
• Ellendale Farms (Steiner Homes) – master-planned community with the largest portion single-family homes, lots range from the $40s to $160s
• Waterside Crossing (DR Horton) – master-planned community where single-family home and lot packages start in the upper $100s.
• Parrish View (Homes of Distinction) – single-family home and lot packages start in the $200s with Hammond’s tax abatement, College Bound and Homebound programs making homeownership even more affordable.
• Tara (Ridgemoor Builders) – single-family home lots average .3 acre and start in the mid $50s.
• Gates of St. John/Meadow Gate (Steiner Homes/LC Schools) – master-planned community, Meadow Gate single-family home lots start in the $60s with option of LC or Hanover Schools.
• On Golden Pond (Meyers Development) – one remaining ranch townhome with proposed 51-unit condominium complex preview
• Peninsula Point (McFarland Homes) – maintenance-free luxury townhomes with daylight/walkout basements available starting in the $220s.
• Renaissance (Eenigenburg Builders) – single-family home lots range from .3 to .5 acre and start in the $70s.
• Arbor Lakes Estates (Aldred Homes and Blum Construction) – Phase II now open where single-family home lots range from .3 to .5 acre and start in the mid-$50s.
• Bridgewater Estates (Coolman Communities) – single-family home and lot packages start in the $250s.
• Brigata Hills (Sommers Construction) - single-family home lots range from .5 to 1.2 acres with pricing from the $80s to $120s.
• Courtyards at Pepper Creek (Epcon/Wilcox Communities) – maintenance-free luxury lifestyle community with ranch-style homes (slab or basement foundations available) starting in the mid $200s.
• Essex Park (Coolman Communities) – just four single-family home lots remain where homes are priced from the $190s.
• Executive Park (Crusader Homes) – Single-family home and lot packages start in the $200s.
• Fairfield Greens (Coolman Communities) – maintenance-free single-family home community where home and lot packages start in the low $200s.
• Grande Prairie (Bucher Construction) – single-family home lots range from .7 to 1.48 acres with pricing from the upper $50s.
• Meridian Woods (Coolman Communities) – an age-restricted 55-plus community with paired ranch villa homes offering unique amenities, complete maintenance packages and special programs in conjunction with Pine Village Retirement Communities.
• North Hampstead (Coolman Communities) – single-family home and lot packages start at $149,900.
• Sagamore (Bucher Construction, Snemis Construction) – Master-planned community, just 23 single-family home lots averaging a ¼ acre with pricing from the $40s remain in the main section.
• Prairie at Aberdeen (Coolman Communities) – single-family home and lot packages start in the mid $200s with the option for full custom coming in Phase 2.
• Timberland Estates (Nardo Builders) – single-family home lots average .2 acre with home and lot packages starting in the $300s.
• Tuscany (Steiner Homes) – single-family home lots average .3 acre with pricing from the $50s to the $60s.
• Villas at Vale Park (Epcon/Wilcox Communities) – just 8 maintenance-free luxury ranch condominiums in this lifestyle community are left with pricing from the $230s.
• Wild Rose (Aldred Homes) – maintenance-free single-family home community where lots average about .18 acre and home pricing ranges from the mid $300s.
• Scipio Sunrise (Sunrise Homes) – single-family home lots range from .5 to 1 acre with pricing in the $40s.