Portage Township Schools Food Service Department is pleased to participate in the USDA Summer Feeding Program again this year. This federally funded program offers free meals to children ages 1 through 18 at no cost throughout the summer months.
This summer we have nine open sites across the community. Some sites will offer breakfast and lunch, while others will serve only lunch. If you are an adult, you may purchase a breakfast for $2 and a lunch for $2.50. The dates of operation are Monday through Friday, now through Aug. 2. We will be closed July 4 and July 5 in observance of the holiday.
The 2013 summer feeding sites are:
• Camelot Manor Estates, U.S. 6 and County Line Road, lunch
• Willowcreek Middle School, 5962 Central Ave, breakfast and lunch
• South Haven Elementary School, 395 Midway, Valparaiso, lunch
• Central Elementary School, 2825 Russell, Portage, lunch
• Portage Boys & Girls Club, 5895 Evergreen, Portage, breakfast and lunch
• South Haven Boys & Girls Club, 723 Long Run Road, Valparaiso, breakfast and lunch
• South Haven Christian Church, 780 Juniper Road, Valparaiso, lunch
• Woodland Park, 2100 Willowcreek Road, Portage, lunch
• Olson Park, 6175 Sunrise, Portage, lunch
For further information about summer meal program, call (219) 764-6516 or visit www.portage.k12.in.us.
Have an enjoyable summer and please take advantage of this opportunity for students to receive free nutritious meals.