DOLTON | Over the past 85 years the Dolton Park District has provided recreational and community services to Dolton residents.
Founded in 1927 with a total of 4.43 square miles of Park District property, the Dolton Park District has grown tremendously and has expanded to 116 acres which consist of:
* 11 parks
* 7 Baseball Fields
* 10 playgrounds
* Full Recreational Center (fitness room and gymnasium)
* A golf driving range
* 5 Tennis Courts
The Dolton Park District continues to form community partnerships and expands resources that benefit Dolton residents as well as residents in the surrounding communities. On May 1, the Dolton Park District made a historic presentation at the “Illinois Association of Park District’s Day at the Capital." The board of commissioners received a letter of commendation from Gov. Pat Quinn. A resolution was read and passed by the Illinois General Assembly acknowledging Dolton Park District's 85th anniversary.
In addition to receiving an award from IAPD for being “The Best of the Best," three board commissioners received awards for having committed themselves to 15 years of service to the Dolton Park District. The commissioners receiving 15 years of service awards are: President Lester L. Long Sr., Commissioner Carnell Woodbury Sr., and Commissioner Allen T. Sheard.
The Dolton Park District will continue to be committed to its patrons. Their mission statement is: The Dolton Park District provides recreational and leisure opportunities for the health and well being of the community.