LANSING | Three communities were incorporated in 1893 to become the village of Lansing. On March 3, a celebration was held at American Legion Post #697 to commemorate the anniversary. The vote to incorporate took place on March 4, 1893 at the Busack Hall, an 1860's building on Ridge Road that was recently demolished.
The celebration included a reading of the original incorporation papers by Village Trustee Mikal Stole, dressed in a period suit on loan from the Lansing Historical Society and the presentation of colors by the Lansing Fire Department Honor Guard and the Lansing Veterans Memorial Ceremonial Honor Guard.
Cake was served and a slideshow of photos of the village over the years was played. There was a coloring activity for children and displays of historical photos by the Lansing Historical Society.
The Lansing Historical Society also continued the celebration with an open house the following weekend.