Accidental fire at Cedar Lake motel causes $30K in damage

2012-08-16T22:00:00Z Accidental fire at Cedar Lake motel causes $30K in damageDiane Poulton Times Correspondent nwitimes.com
August 16, 2012 10:00 pm  • 

CEDAR LAKE | A motel garage fire Sunday resulted in $30,000 damage to the structure and an office, Cedar Lake Fire Chief Todd Wilkening said.

The garage was attached to the business office at Crestview Motel.

The fire was mostly contained to the garage with some damage to the office, Wilkening said.

Wilkening said the two-alarm fire, which was called in by the occupants, was under control within 20 minutes. The Cedar Lake Fire Department was assisted in its investigation by the Indiana fire marshal.

Wilkening said the cause of the fire was accidental, probably from an appliance.

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.



About Cedar Lake

Cedar Lake Town Hall

7408 Constitution Ave Cedar Lake, IN 46303
219.374.7000

Cedar Lake Police Department

7408 Constitution Ave Cedar Lake, IN 46303
219.374.5416

Cedar Lake Fire Department

P.O. Box 459
9400 W 133rd Ave. Cedar Lake, IN 46303
219.374.5961

Cedar Lake Parks and Recreation

7408 Constitution Ave Cedar Lake, IN 46303
219.374.4444

Hanover Community School Corporation

9520 W. 133rd Ave, Cedar Lake, IN 46303
219.374.3500

Latest Local Offers