CEDAR LAKE | The Hanover Community School Corp. holds kindergarten registration for the 2013-14 school year March 14 and 15 at Lincoln Elementary School.
To be eligible for kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 1 and legally live within the Lincoln Elementary School boundaries.
Registration is by appointment only. Call (219) 374-3600, ext. 3601 to schedule an appointment.
Registration forms are available at the website, www.hanover.k12.in.us. Forms are also available between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary. All forms should be completed and presented at the time of registration.
For registration, parents or legal guardians must present the following:
• A valid Indiana driver's license or state ID showing the current address and either mortgage papers, current payment book or lease/rental agreement;
• Two additional proofs of residency showing parent's current address. Acceptable bills include NIPSCO, water, home telephone, cable or insurance. A pay stub or bank statement may also be submitted as one of the two options;
• Child's legal (not hospital) birth certificate;
• Immunization records of the prospective student.
• In the case of a divorce or separation, a copy of the most recent custody paper is needed.
If families are in the process of moving into the school district, a letter from the real estate agent or builder is required. The letter must provide the anticipated closing date.
Prospective kindergarten students must accompany their parents to registration. The students will be given a general kindergarten screening.
It is urged that, on or before the first day of school, parents provide written proof that their child is up to date on all of his/her immunizations. Medical forms will be available at registration or on the Hanover Community School Corp. website.
The Lake County Health Department offers free immunization to all residents. Call that department (219) 755-3658 with questions.