CROWN POINT | The Crown Point 4th of July Parade Committee has announced this year's winning entries.
The categories and winners are:
* Float — first place Methodist Hospital Foundation; second place, Franciscan St. Anthony Health; and third place, Centier Bank tied with Zig-E Funland.
* Marching unit — first place, Crown Point High School junior varsity and varsity dance team; second place, Colonel John Wheeler Middle School cheerleaders; and third place, Boy Scout Troop 48.
* Decorated vehicles — first place, Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville; second place, Crown Point Corvette Club; and third place, Old Lake County Courthouse.
* Horse unit — first place, Patriotic Ponies; and second place, Pony Partners.
* Antique car — first place, Lake County Sheriff's Department; and second place, Highland Model A Club.
* Antique equipment — first place, 1953 John Deere 40-Joe Wehner; second place, 1964 John Deere 110-Ron Leighty; and third place, 1970 Farmall 140-Jimmy Burk.