CROWN POINT | A special occasion dress auction and pancake breakfast, organized by Crown Point High School junior Yazzmyne Lopez and her classmates, is Saturday at the Crown Point Public Library, Tri-Kappa meeting room.
Girls who would like to donate gowns for the event can bring them, between 3 and 5 p.m. today, to the library.
On Saturday, potential buyers can try on dresses and have a pancake breakfast from 10 to 11 a.m. The dress auction begins at 11.
Guests pay a $10 admission, which includes breakfast and snacks.
Dresses must be paid for with cash or check only. The seller receives 85 percent of what the dress is sold for; St. Jude House received the other 15 percent.
Call (219) 629-6621 for information.