DYER | Dyer firefighters extinguished a blaze in a residential subdivision Friday morning after an engine on a pool service van caught fire.
Dyer Fire Chief Thad Stutler said crews were called to the 800 block of Harrison Avenue around 8 a.m. for a report of a fire. When firefighters arrived, they found a fire in a van parked on the street there.
Stutler said an employee of a pool service working at a home there parked the car at the curb, went to the back of the home to begin work on the pool and when he returned to the front of the home, found the van ablaze.
Stutler said the fire was extinguished quickly.
The van is a total loss. No one was injured in the incident.