Gaming console is blamed for minor fire at E.C. apartment

2013-04-16T00:00:00Z Gaming console is blamed for minor fire at E.C. apartment nwitimes.com
April 16, 2013 12:00 am

EAST CHICAGO | Firefighters said they responded to a minor house fire Monday afternoon sparked by a Xbox gaming console being left unattended to charge on a mattress, an official said.

The fire in the 4800 block of Walsh Avenue was contained to the mattress and took minutes to extinguish, said Henry Ventura, the city's chief fire inspector.

The apartment's tenant was not home at the time of the fire that occurred about noon, Ventura said. The building is believed to house two apartments, but the fire did not spread to the other unit, Ventura said.

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.



About East Chicago

Office of the Mayor

4527 Indianapolis Blvd. East Chicago, IN 46312
219.391.8200

Police Department

2301 E. Columbus Dr. East Chicago, IN 46312
219.391.8400

Fire Department

3901 Indianapolis Blvd East Chicago, IN 46312
219.391.8472

East Chicago Park Department

1615 E. 142nd Street East Chicago, IN 46312
219.391.8474

School City of East Chicago

210 East Columbus Drive East Chicago, IN 46312
Phone: 219.391.4100

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses