GARY | Indiana Parenting Institute and the Gary SouthShore RailCats will host the seventh annual Parenting Awareness Month Indiana Parenting Fair chock full of free fun, raffles and information for both parents and children from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the U.S. Steel Yard, 1 Stadium Plaza.
Highlights will include:
- Imagination Station carnival-style stations with prizes for the kids
- Teen Central fun and information
- Spa la Fam face painting and tattoos by GCSC High School students and chiropractic assessments and massages by Broadway Plaza Pain Relief Center, from 1-3 p.m.
- Artists’ Corner
- Performances by Larry Wirtz & his Bag of Tricks Magic Show, 12:15-12:45 p.m.; Zumba with Niki Woods, 1:15-1:45; and the Army of the Lord Drill Team, 2:15-2:45.
- Family Idol karaoke
- Community family services providers with information and help on how to access needed family resources
- Q&A stations for parents to “talk with a professional expert” on parenting issues such as Bullying and Youth Violence, College Readiness, Job Success and Money
- How to Unleash the Potential in Every Child workshop, especially of benefit to foster parents, that reveals the four areas of holistic child development that every parent needs to know in order to best equip their children with the skills needed to live free of poverty and violence
- Darryll King of WYCA 102.3 FM with a live remote broadcast from noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Scavenger Hunt for the parents, leading to prizes
The PAMI Parenting Fair is free and open to the community. Call (219) 886-1111 for more information.