GRIFFITH | ELPNWI is seeking candidates for Parent Educator to provide Parents as Teachers model services to families with children prenatal to age 5 living in Griffith, Indiana. Services will take place in the families’ homes and/or at the program site. The local program is based on the National Parents as Teachers model and those employed will attend a five day training through the National Center to become certified as a Parent Educator. The Parent Educator will complete 24-30 visits per month based on experience, maintaining a caseload of approximately15-20 families. The Parent Educator must be able to work from a strengths-based and family centered service model and must be non-judgmental. Hours are flexible.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a human service field such as social work, psychology or education.
- A minimum of one year field experience preferred
- Familiarity with the Griffith community preferred.
Successful candidates should have:
- An understanding of early childhood development
- Experience working with families and be comfortable providing services in home settings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with both participating families and colleagues and an ability to relate to people with respect for individuality.
- Ability to function appropriately in a flexible and autonomous work environment and be highly motivated and creative.
- An understanding of Northwest Indiana’s cultural diversity and human service needs, experience working with community agencies.
Send cover letter and resume to: Danielle Flores, Program Director, 6530 New Hampshire Avenue, Hammond, IN 46323, Tel: (219) 554-1710 Ext. 102 Fax: (219) 554-1720 or e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information on the PAT program visit: www.parentsasteachers.org and our local website at: www.patlakecounty.org