Hammond family heating home with stove relocated after minor fire

2013-11-15T07:22:00Z 2013-11-15T23:36:07Z Hammond family heating home with stove relocated after minor fireTimes Staff nwitimes.com
November 15, 2013 7:22 am  • 

HAMMOND | Fire officials and the American Red Cross relocated a Hammond family after the stove they were using to heat their home caused a fire Friday.

Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Margraf said firefighters were called at 3:30 a.m. to the home in the 6400 block of Euclid Avenue and discovered a small kitchen fire.

Margraf said the family was already safely outside of the house when crews arrived.

The fire was extinguished within five minutes, Margraf said. Due to the lack of utilities and concerns for safety, fire crews contacted the American Red Cross to assist in finding shelter for the family, he said.

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.



About Hammond

Hammond City Hall

5925 Calumet Avenue Hammond, IN 46320
219.853.6301

Police Department

509 Douglas Street Hammond, IN 46320
219.852.2900

Fire Department

6110 Calumet Avenue Hammond, IN 46320
219.853.6416

Parks and Recreation

5825 Sohl Avenue Hammond, IN 46320
219.853.6378

School City of Hammond

41 Williams Street Hammond, IN 46320
219.933.2400

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses