HAMMOND | Mayor Thomas M. McDermott Jr. will begin this year's Mayor’s Night Out schedule with an appearance Tuesday at the Eggers Middle School cafeteria, 5825 Blaine Ave.
The Mayor’s Night Out program is an open public forum that allows residents of Hammond access to the mayor and a representative from each city department to discuss Hammond’s current events.
A session is scheduled in each council district during the year. Subject to change, all programs are held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Call (219) 853-6301 for more information or view the schedule online at www.gohammond.com.
The 2013 schedule:
- Jan. 29 - 3rd District, Eggers Middle School cafeteria
- Feb. 20 - 5th District, Morton Elementary School cafeteria, 7006 Marshall Ave.
- April 24 - 4th District, Edison Elementary School cafeteria, 7025 Madison Ave.
- Aug. 28 - 1st District, Pavilion at Wolf Lake, 701 Casino Center Drive
- Sept. 18 - 2nd District, Hammond Academy of Science & Technology, 33 Muenich Court
- Oct. 23 - 6th District, Jean Shepherd Community Center – Cafe A&B, 3031 Mahoney Drive