HIGHLAND | Firefighters worked Tuesday night to put out a kitchen fire at Sophia's House of Pancakes on Indianapolis Boulevard near Hart Road.
Highland Fire Chief Bill Timmer said the fire started about 5:30 p.m. in the restaurant's kitchen. The pancake house was closed during the time of the fire, and there were no reported injuries.
Timmer said it was unclear Tuesday what sparked the fire.
As of 7 p.m., firefighters were still battling to put out the fire. Highland firefighters were using a firetruck ladder to put out the fire from the roof.
The building was still standing, but Timmer said there was significant damage inside.
Firefighters from Schererville, Munster, Griffith and Lake Ridge were assisting the Highland Fire Department.