Legacy Foundation manages 30 scholarship funds established by community members that serve a range of students as diverse as Lake County.
Whether attending a two-year technical program or a four-year university, Legacy Foundation provides a complete list of its scholarship awards, including the qualifications, deadlines, and applications. Start the process by applying for one of these scholarships with an upcoming deadline:
- Dr. John Maniotes Scholarship provides support for graduating high school seniors whose parent or grandparent is a current employee of Lake County government. Deadline to apply is April 1.
- D.J. and Rose Nidetz Scholarship was created to support students and the arts by awarding to high school seniors and college undergraduates who have participated in productions for member theaters of the Northwest Indiana Excellence in Theater Foundation. Deadline to apply is April 15.
- Patrick Lindsey Memorial Scholarship supports graduating minority seniors from a Lake County High School whose undergraduate study will be in visual art, theater, music, or dance. Deadline to apply is April 15.
- Roger Begnoche Scholarship is awarded to a male resident of Indiana, accepted as a full-time student in a school of nursing or expects to pursue a degree in education. Deadline to apply is April 15.
- Webster Cornwell Memorial Scholarship was created to support a graduating senior from Hammond High School who wants to attend an accredited college or university on a full-time basis. Deadline to apply is April 15.
- Fred and Louise Latshaw Scholarship was established by the Legacy Board of Directors to help employees who work for nonprofits or have a fund at Legacy Foundation, pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree. Deadline to apply is April 15.
- Good Teachers Count Scholarship supports students that are half-way through their undergraduate or graduate degree program in teaching, and who live in Lake County. Deadline to apply is April 15.
To learn more about these and other scholarship opportunities, download a copy of the Legacy Foundation Scholarship Information booklet at http://legacyfdn.org/PDFs/Scholarship_Information_Booklet.pdf, or visit http://legacyfdn.org/scholarships.php.