MERRILLVILLE | With the beginning of a new year comes a fresh start. New Year’s resolutions are often made to form good habits and reach new goals. This New Year’s, the American Red Cross encourages people to resolve to help patients in need through regular blood donations.
As the winter season continues, blood donations are especially needed. Donations typically decline this time of year, as many regular donors are impacted by inclement weather and seasonal illnesses.
Give the gift of life and help give patients another year with their loved ones. Make an appointment to donate blood at redcrossblood.org or (800) RED CROSS.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities in Lake County:
- 12:30 to 6:30 p.m. today at St. Matthias Church Hall, 101 Burrell Drive, Crown Point. Come to donate and get a 2-ounce brick of Dunkin' Donuts coffee and a coupon for a free pound of Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
- 1 to 6 p.m. Friday in the Main Hall at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 8955 Columbia Drive, Munster. Come to donate and get a 2-ounce brick of Dunkin' Donuts coffee and a coupon for a free pound of Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
- 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Family Video, 1208 E. Glen Park Ave.. Griffith
- 3 to 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Family Video, 2939 45th St., Highland.
- 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Highland Parks & Recreation Center, Classrooms 108 and 109, 2450 Lincoln St., Highland
- 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Knights of Columbus, Hall, 13039 U.S. 41, Cedar Lake.
- 2 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Jean Shepherd Community Center, Café A and B, 3031 Mahoney Drive, Hammond
- 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Jan. 10 at BMO Harris Bank, 801 Joliet St., Dyer
- 2 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 10 at BMO Harris Bank, 915 Ridge Road, Munster.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 12 at Our Lady of Grace Church, downstairs cafeteria, 3005 Condit St., Highland.
- 9:30 a.m. until noon Jan. 14 at BMO Harris Bank, 10020 Calumet Ave., Munster.
- 2 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 14 at BMO Harris Bank, 790 W. U.S. 30, Schererville
The Merrillville Donor Center, 791 E. 83rd Ave., is open from 12:30 p.m. until 5 p.m. every Monday and from 8 a.m. until noon the first and third Saturday of each month.