MERRILLVILLE | A Merrillville girl is continuing her quest to help Riley Hospital for Children.
Hailey Perryman's five-day fundraiser for the Indianapolis hospital begins Monday.
Hailey, 12, has hosted a fundraiser each summer during the last five years. She has raised nearly $22,000 for the children's hospital since she started, said Jennifer Perryman, her mother.
Hailey will start the fundraiser at 11 a.m. Monday by pulling her wagon around Merrillville's Young America subdivision to collect change.
Her Kool-Aid stand will be open from noon to 5 p.m. Monday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday at Merrillville Fire Station No. 2, 7905 Taft St.
In addition to selling Kool-Aid, Hailey has different promotions each day of the event.
- Monday - People riding motorcycles to the stand and donating $5 will receive a Riley rubber bracelet. A bracelet and pin are provided for each $10 donation.
- Tuesday - Hot dogs and chips are provided for a $5 donation.
- Wednesday - Hello Kitty visits the stand from 1 to 2 p.m. and a bake sale is scheduled.
- Thursday - Face painting is offered.
- Friday - A silent auction will be open.
People unable to attend the fundraiser can send donations until July 31 to 7914 Wilson St., Merrillville, IN 46410. Checks should be made out to Riley Children's Foundation.
Call (219) 808-1195 for information.