ST. JOHN | The St. John The Evangelist Respect Life Ministry has launched a project called Billboards for Babies to raise awareness.
Julie Peterson, director of the campaign, said the mission of the group is to save the lives of babies in Northwest Indiana by reaching out to their mothers through positive billboard messages and offering them a phone number to call for help, guidance and support.
“Positive pro-life billboards are proven to protect God’s children by touching the hearts of mothers,” Peterson said. “These billboard messages have been used across the country for many years and they have successfully helped in saving the lives of many precious babies.
“This campaign for life allows Christians within Northwest Indiana to collaborate for a common spiritual goal of saving God’s precious babies by securing strategically placed positive billboard messages throughout Northwest Indiana,” Peterson added.
The billboards rotate, and are currently at six locations:
- Broadway, east side of road north of 55th Avenue,
- through Feb. 23
- Indianapolis Boulevard, east side south of 167th Avenue, through March 16
- U.S. 20, north side west of Worthington St., through Feb. 23
- SR 55, west side six-tenths of a mile north of Summit Street, through March 2
- U.S. 41, west Side south of 119th Avenue, through March 2
- U.S. 41, west side four-tenth of a mile south of U.S. 30, through March 16
Individuals or organizations that would like to help the campaign can send donations to: St. John the Evangelist Church, Attn: Julie-Billboards for Babies, 11301 W. 93rd Ave., St. John, IN 46373.
“One hundred percent of all donations go directly into purchasing positive pro-life billboards, and all donations are tax deductible,” Peterson said.
For additional information, contact Peterson at (219) 677-2967 or email@example.com.