A number of Trunk or Treat events are planned Saturday throughout the region.
• Cedar Lake hosts a Trunk or Treat food drive from noon to 3 p.m. at the town complex, 7408 Constitution Ave.
Youngsters are encouraged to wear their costumes to Town Hall. Treats will be provided by police, fire, public works and the town hall staff.
• The Cedar Lake United Methodist Church, 7124 W. 137th Place, holds a Trunk or Treat from 5 to 7 p.m.
• The Southlake Church of the Nazarene, 7355 E. 81st Ave., Crown Point hosts one from 3 to 6 p.m.
There will be ribeye sandwiches, cotton candy, popcorn, a bounce house and pumpkins for the kids to take home.
For more information, contact Sara Wells, (219) 775-3250, firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.southlakenazarene.org.
• First Christian Church, 202 W. Pine St., Griffith, holds its celebration from 4:30 to 6 p.m. The family-oriented event is for youngsters through sixth grade. Come in costume – the church asks no scary costumes, please.
For more information, contact Shawn Cornett, (219) 895-6692, email@example.com. http://www.gfcc.net.
• Edison Community Watch is partnering with Eastside Community Council for the Trunk or Treat from 6 to 8 p.m. at Home Depot, 1624 E. 165th St. Home Depot will provide hot dogs, popcorn, water and s'mores. There will also be a jumpy house for the children.
Supporters, especially civic groups and clubs, can bring their vehicles to participate in the event. Decorate your car, dress up and pass out treats and information to children, and their parents, in a safe and fun environment.
Email to reserve a parking space: Janet Venecz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Hobart Elks Lodge, 1152, 3580 W. 61st Ave., sponsors its event from 4 to 7 p.m.
• The Gospel Lighthouse Church, West 231st Avenue and Ind. 55 South, hosts a night filled with fun, food, candy and a chili cookoff from 6 to 8 p.m.
For more information, contact Pastor Richard Jarret, (219) 552-0400, email@example.com.