WHITING | ELPNWI is seeking candidates for Parent Educator to provide Parents as Teachers model services to families with children prenatal to age 5 living in Whiting, Indiana. Services will take place in the families’ homes and/or at the program site. The local program is based on the National Parents as Teachers model and those employed will attend a five day training through the National Center to become certified as a Parent Educator. The Parent Educator will complete 24-30 visits per month based on experience, maintaining a caseload of approximately15-20 families. The Parent Educator must be able to work from a strengths-based and family centered service model and must be non-judgmental. Hours are flexible.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a human service field such as social work, psychology or education.
- A minimum of one year field experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the Whiting community preferred.
- Fluent in speaking, writing, and reading Spanish
- Successful candidates should have:
- An understanding of early childhood development
- Experience working with families and be comfortable providing services in home settings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with both participating families and colleagues and an ability to relate to people with respect for individuality.
- Ability to function appropriately in a flexible and autonomous work environment and be highly motivated and creative.
- An understanding of Northwest Indiana’s cultural diversity and human service needs, experience working with community agencies.
Send cover letter and resume to Danielle Flores, Program Director, 6530 New Hampshire Avenue, Hammond, IN 46323, (219) 554-1710 Ext. 102 Fax: (219) 554-1720; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org