WHITING | As most of Northwest Indiana gears up for a boost of warm weather, the City of Whiting is focused on Painting the Town Pink.
In an effort to create breast cancer awareness throughout the community, Whiting is spending the month of May hosting a variety of activities focusing on the cause.
Co-Chairs Kathleen Ulm and Stephanie Madison have coordinated a series of events including the Stomp Out Cancer 5K Run/Walk, Crush Cancer Cruise Night, and Dining Out For A Cure, where local restaurants donate 10 percent of sales toward the fight against breast cancer.
“We are not only excited to continue the tradition of painting Whiting pink to raise awareness and funds to beat breast cancer, but also to add three new events this year to get more people involved in the fun. We hope to beat the $10,000 we raised last year, which we donate locally to Munster's Cancer Resource Centre,” Ulm said.
For more information on events, visit www.visitwhiting.com and click 'Calendar of Events.'
- Thursday - Dining Out For A Cure: Whiney Beach Café
- Sunday – Battin’ for Boobies at Whiting Little League Field
- May 21 - Crush Cancer at Whiting's Cruise Night
- May 22 - Dining Out For A Cure: Beggar’s Pizza
- May 29 - Dining Out For A Cure: Skeeter’s Diner
- May 30 - Battle of 119th Street for Cancer
Contact Kathleen Ulm or Stephanie Madison at (219) 242-4422 or thejunkyardstore.