WHITING | The annual Arts Alive Garden Walk will feature seven gardens throughout the Whiting-Robertsdale community Saturday.
The walk is from 1 to 4 p.m. Tickets are $10 and are available at Chrislove Gifts, Pie-Eyed, Whiting Flower Shop, Pami Petunia's and the Whiting-Robertsdale Chamber of Commerce.
Featured gardens include the Gardens at Wolf Lake, Calumet Avenue and 121st Street, and the Nathan Hale Garden, 1500 Center St., along with:
• Tom and Jeannine Dabertin, 1521 Davis Ave. Garden features a large variety of shade plants, perennials and a koi pond.
• Rosa Oliver, 1449 Ohio Ave. Garden features alliums and various flower beds.
• Dave and Connie Jones, 1648 LaPorte Ave. Garden features Dave's Beach, potted flowers with gardenias, pansies, impatiens, hydrangeas, rose bushes and begonias.
• Bill and Pat Koi, 1931 Superior Ave. Garden features roses, fountains, statues and grape vines.
• Sammy and Christine Brewster, 933 Reese Ave. Garden is described as an “eclectic starter garden” in a shabby chic motif.
Contact (219) 655-5018 for more information.