LAPORTE | Free colorectal cancer take-home screening kits are available for the public to pick up at a variety of locations in La Porte, Marshall and Starke counties throughout March.
Local Indiana University Health pick up locations include:
• IU Health La Porte Community Health Center, 400 Teegarden, Ste. B, La Porte
• IU Health La Porte Physicians Primary Care, Dr. Bejes, 414 Lane St., North Judson
• IU Health La Porte Physicians Primary Care, Dr. Browne, 402 W. Culver Rd., Knox
• IU Health La Porte Primary Care, Dr. Hannon, 8988 E. U.S. Hwy. 20, New Carlisle
• IU Health La Porte Physicians Primary Care, Dr. Holm, 2855 Miller Dr., Ste. 117, Plymouth
• IU Health La Porte Physicians Primary Care, Dr. Firestone, 156 Flynn Rd., Westville
• IU Health La Porte Physicians Surgical Care, Dr. Subba Rao, 104 E. Culver Rd., Ste. 102, Knox
• IU Health Starke Hospital, 102 E. Culver Rd., Knox
• IU Health Wellness & Rehabilitation at The Crossing, 1203 Washington St., La Porte
• IU Health Wellness & Rehabilitation at LifeWorks Business Park, 3777 N. Frontage Rd., Michigan City
Colorectal cancer can affect anyone. However, Hispanic and African-American adults, ages 50 and older, are at an increased risk. Screenings are highly recommended for individuals who have a history of one or all of the following: colorectal polyps, colorectal cancer, smoking, excess weight or inflammatory bowel disease.
Funding is provided by the La Porte Hospital Foundation and the Starke Health Fund.
Indiana University Health La Porte Hospital, a part of Indiana University Health, has provided leading care to La Porte and the surrounding community for more than 100 years. IU Health La Porte Hospital received an Excellence in Patient Care award for exemplary “doctor communication” from outcomes firm Studer Group® as well as designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology in 2012. IU Health La Porte Hospital was recognized as “Best in class” in a national survey of diversity practices in 2012 as well as received Magnet® re-designation. In addition, the stroke program earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. To learn more about IU Health La Porte Hospital, visit iuhealth.org/laporte.
Indiana University Health Starke Hospital, a part of Indiana University Health, has provided leading care to Starke County and the surrounding community for more than 60 years. In 2011, IU Health Starke Hospital was recognized by the Indiana Rural Health Association for its efforts and achievements toward advocacy in healthcare in rural Starke County and surrounding communities. In addition, IU Health Starke Hospital has added more than 30 new physicians to its Medical Staff since 2009, and has invested millions of dollars into new technology to assure the highest level of care to the community. To learn more about IU Health Starke Hospital, visit iuhealth.org/starke.
Named among the “Best Hospitals in America” by U.S.News & World Report for 15 consecutive years, Indiana University Health is dedicated to providing a unified standard of preeminent patient-centered care. A unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine—one of the nation’s leading medical schools—gives our highly skilled physicians access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology. Discover the strength at iuhealth.org.
Director of Marketing, La Porte and Starke
Indiana University Health
219.325.4602 (office) | 574.514.9109 (cell)
Discover the strength at www.iuhealth.org