LA PORTE | The Affordable Care Act gives many Hoosiers a new, affordable way to get health insurance coverage. As an example, a family of four could pay as little as $46 per month for health coverage. Once you apply at the Marketplace, you will find out the exact price of the plans available to you and how much your tax credit will be worth. Indiana University Health La Porte Hospital is hosting several events to show you how the new insurance plans work; what is covered, how much does it cost, how to buy this new insurance.
We’re here to help you learn about the options are available to you and your family. If you have questions about the new Health Insurance Marketplace plan to attend anytime during the times listed below.
IU Health La Porte Hospital in the Auditorium (lower level), 1007 Lincolnway:
• Tuesday, Feb. 25 from 1 pm to 8 pm
• Saturday, March 1 from 8 am to noon
• Monday, March 3 from 2 pm to 4 pm
• Tuesday, March 4 from 2 pm to 4 pm
• Wednesday, March 5 from 9 am to 11 am
• Wednesday, March 5 from 4 pm to 8 pm
• Saturday, March 8 from 8 am to noon
• Wednesday, March 12 from 10 am to noon
• Thursday, March 13 from 2 pm to 4 pm
• Tuesday, March 18 from 2 pm to 4 pm
IU Health Services at LifeWorks, 3777 Frontage Road, Michigan City:
• Thursday, Feb. 27 from 3 pm to 6 pm
• Thursday, March 20 from 1 pm to 3 pm
IU Health Starke Hospital in the conference room, 102 E. Culver Road:
• Saturday, Feb. 22 from 8 am to noon
• Monday, Feb. 24 from 1 pm to 3 pm
• Thursday, March 6 from 1 pm to 3 pm
• Tuesday, March 11 from 1 pm to 3 pm
• Tuesday, March 18 from 10 am to noon
• Thursday, March 27 from 1 pm to 3 pm
Hundreds of thousands of Hoosiers are eligible for health insurance. IU Health La Porte Hospital hopes these educational events will help local residents sort through the changes. Open enrollment ends March 31..
IU Health Healthcare Exchange Navigators will be available to answer any questions you may have or assist with signing you up . All presentations take place in Central time. RSVP not required to attend. Find out more at iuhealth.org/covered, or call 855.400.2045.