VALPARAISO | Most voters living in school districts with elected boards will have choices come Nov. 6.
There are contested races for seats on the Duneland, Portage, East Porter, Porter Township and Michigan City school boards.
The filing period for the school board races ended at noon Friday. School board positions are nonpartisan.
Contested races in the county are:
• Duneland School Corporation/at-large seat candidates: William Barkow, Dane Lafata, John R. Marshall and Daniel L. Vondrasek.
• Duneland School Corporation/Jackson Township seat: Nick J. Jurasevich and Kristin S. Kroeger.
• East Porter County/Pleasant Township (Dist. 2) seat: Christopher Fields and Karen C. Higbie.
• Portage Township/at-large seat: Leonard Clark, Debra B. Ekdahl, Rex Hood Jr. and Ken Lorenz.
• Portage Township/Dist. 3 seat: Jessica Bailey, Billy J. Coker and David Czilli.
• Porter Township/at-large seat: Steven M. Julovich and Lilann R. Sgouros.
• Michigan City/Civil City seat: Ayala Anita Barth, Marty M. Corley and Leslie Rowley Jr.
• Michigan City/Springfield and Michigan City seat: Deborah L. Chubb, Lloyd A. Flowers, William Greene and Dorothy (Sis) Murphy.
• Michigan City/Coolsprings and Pine Township seat: Donald J. Dulaney and Dennis Metheny.