WESTVILLE | Purdue University North Central will help students and parents complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid paperwork Feb. 22 and 23 in Technology Building Room 265.
The FAFSA is required for students to be considered for federal and state grants, loans and scholarships at most colleges, universities and vocational/technical schools nationwide. Students must file a FAFSA by March 10 to be eligible for state aid.
During the FAFSA Help Weekend at PNC, university financial aid staff will be on hand to help students and their families file the form online. Any college-bound student and their parents may stop in, email or call to seek assistance or ask questions.
On Feb. 22, assistance will be available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
From 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 23, PNC will participate in the statewide College Goal Sunday activities. PNC will be one of 40 College Goal Sunday sites in Indiana offering students and their parents help in understanding, completing and filing the FAFSA.
Throughout FAFSA Help Weekend, questions will be answered via email, instant messenger and and phone. Email email@example.com or call (877) 792-2013.
Those who intend to complete the FAFSA online must have an electronic personal identification number. A PIN can be obtained online prior to filing at www.pin.ed.gov, or can be obtained online at Financial Aid Weekend. Both the parent and the student will need a PIN to sign and complete the FAFSA.
Those who intend to complete the FAFSA at the Financial Aid Weekend should be bring:
1. A copy of student and parent completed 2013 federal taxes, including 1040, 1040a, 1040ez and 2011 W-2 forms. If the tax forms have not been completed, numbers can be estimated for the FAFSA using the W-2, if necessary.
2. Statements showing the value of investments such as stocks and bonds.
3. Statements of the student's and parent's balances of checking and savings.
4. Any other untaxed income.
5. Both the student and parent birth dates and Social Security numbers.
Students who worked last year should bring their income information. Students 24 years of age or older may attend alone and bring their own completed 2013 IRS 1040 tax return, W-2 form or other 2013 income and benefits information.
Call (219) 785-5200, ext. 5493, or firstname.lastname@example.org.