UNION TOWNSHIP | A fire Saturday night destroyed a garage and partially damaged a house in the 77 block of County Line Road.
The fire started in the garage at 8:13 p.m. and the building was engulfed when firefighters arrived, said Tim Beach, chief for Union Township Volunteer Fire Department. Flames spread to the house on the property and caused minor damage to the roof.
The fire was sparked by an electrical malfunction, Beach said.
No one was injured in the fire.
Union Township was assisted by Lakes of the Four Season Volunteer Fire Force, Hebron Volunteer Fire Department, South Haven Fire Department, Valparaiso Fire Department, the Washington Township Fire Department and the Porter County Sheriff's Department.