Fire damages Porter Twp. house; dog alerts family

2013-03-12T12:30:00Z 2013-03-12T20:09:01Z Fire damages Porter Twp. house; dog alerts familyTimes Staff nwitimes.com
March 12, 2013 12:30 pm  • 

PORTER TOWNSHIP | A Monday morning fire damaged a home at 702 W. County Road 250 South, according to Porter County Sheriff's Department.

The homeowner told authorities he awoke at 6 a.m. to see his wife off to work and went back to bed only to be awakened about an hour later by his dogs barking and a strong smell of smoke.

The owner believes the fire began in the corner of the basement, near an entertainment center. The damage was contained to the basement, along with two broken windows in the garage.

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Featured Businesses

Poll

Loading…

Do you have fond memories of Mount Baldy?

View Results