PORTAGE | The Portage Board of Works approved a series of four running events Monday to benefit the Portage Parks Foundation.
Tom Taylor, a Portage native who moved to California and then recently returned to Portage, is proposing the series of four runs on March 30, May 12, July 13 and Aug. 25.
Taylor said the events will be held in different parts of the city or at different parks to showcase various areas. The events, sponsored by his company, Causes Two Compete, will also have different themes.
In other business, the board approved:
- Purchasing two new sanitation trucks from Great Lakes Peterbuilt, Portage, for a total cost of $712,882. The city received 17 bids for the trucks, but only three could promise delivery within 150 days and Great Lakes proposed the lowest price of the three.
- Moving the board's meeting times to 9 a.m. the second and fourth Mondays of each month beginning in February.
- Seeking bids for two SUVs for the police department.
- To take under advisement its only bid received for paint stripping equipment. That bid came from JCL Equipment Co., Xenia, Ohio for $167,539.
- A contract with HR Unlimited Resources to provide human resources services to the city.