WESTVILLE | Purdue University North Central now offers students another tool to help ensure their academic success - Degree Works. This is one of the student-centered programs PNC has available through its "Student Success the Purdue Way" initiative.
Degree Works is a web-based degree-audit system which allows students, their academic advisors and faculty mentors the convenience of reviewing past, present and future academic course work in real time to evaluate and keep current as to which degree requirements they have completed and which degree requirements remain. This degree-audit system will help students stay on track to graduate on time.
"At Purdue North Central we want to make sure students have all of the opportunities possible to achieve success and graduate on time," said Sandra Czekaj, assistant vice chancellor of Enrollment Management. "Degree Works is just one of many powerful systems we provide for students to use."
Degree Works also helps students with their financial planning as they see their future course work laid out before them. Students will also be able to better assess how to blend their academic responsibilities with their future work and family commitments.
The advantages of Degree Works are numerous as outlined below.
• Allows for electronic tracking of degree completion
• Provides students with real-time information regarding their progression toward degree to help streamline the graduation process
• Enables students to process speculative degree audits using current course history
• Enables students to see how future courses will apply toward graduation requirements
• GPA calculators help students with realistic goal setting and projections
Students with questions about the Degree Works Degree-Audit system will find more information at www.pnc.Edu or they should consult with their academic advisor or faculty mentor. Call (219) 462-4197.