The American Red Cross is urging blood donations this month to help support the initiatives of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and National Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month.
Residents have the opportunity to donate at these local blood drives:
• 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. today at Portage Avenue Baptist Church, 6605 Portage Ave., Portage.
• 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. today at Our Lady of Sorrows in Franciscan Hall, 356 W. County Road 700 North, Valparaiso.
• 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Duke of Oil, 3 E. U.S. 6, Valparaiso.
• 1 to 7 p.m. Monday at St. Teresa of Avila in the Catholic Student Center, 1604 Lincolnway, Valparaiso. Come to donate and receive a coupon for a free varsity haircut at participating Sport Clips locations.
• 2 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at The Gathering Place in the meeting room, 131 N. Main St., Hebron.
• 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Heritage Lutheran Church in the fellowship hall, 308 Washington St., Valparaiso.
• 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 23 at St. Peter Lutheran Church in the kitchen and social hall, 6540 Central Ave., Portage.
• 2:30 to 6 p.m. Sept. 24 at Faith Memorial Lutheran Church, 753 N. Calumet, Valparaiso.
• 3 to 7 p.m. Sept. 26 at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 505 Bullseye Lake Road, Valparaiso.
• 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. Sept. 27 at the First United Methodist Church of Portage in the fellowship hall, 2637 McCool Road, Portage.
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 29 at Walmart, 2400 Morthland Drive, Valparaiso. Come to donate and receive a coupon for a free Varsity haircut at participating Sport Clips locations. This blood drive is sponsored by Woodforest National Bank.
To schedule an appointment to donate, call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org for more information.