Porter County Board positions to fill in January

2013-11-17T00:00:00Z Porter County Board positions to fill in JanuaryTimes Staff nwitimes.com
November 17, 2013 12:00 am  • 

VALPARAISO | The Porter County Board of Commissioners' office has board positions that need to be filled in January.

Among them are positions with the Alcoholic Beverage Commission, Animal Control Board, Board of Health, Drainage Board, Jail Museum Advisory Board, Parks and Recreation, Porter County Convention, Recreation & Visitors Commission, Plan Commission, PTABOA Board of Review, Redevelopment Commission, West Porter Township Fire District and Wildlife Management Advisory Board.

Those interested in considation for a position may visit the Porter County Commissioners' office, 155 Indiana Ave., Valparaiso, to obtain a letter of instruction and application. Applications are also at www.porterco.org.

Certain requirements, such as residency, and/or certain political party affiliation, must be met in order to qualify for a particular appointment. If the requirements mandated are not met, a person cannot be considered for the position.

Applications must be returned no later than Dec. 27. Final decisions will be made at a public meeting Jan. 7.

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

About Valparaiso

City of Valparaiso
166 Lincolnway Valparaiso, IN 46383
(219) 462-1161

Police Department
355 S. Washington St. Valparaiso, IN 46383
(219) 462-2135

Fire Department
2605 Cumberland Drive Valparaiso, IN 46383
(219) 462-8325

Parks & Recreation
3210 North Campbell Street Valparaiso, IN 46385
(219) 462-5144

Valparaiso Community Schools
3801 N. Campbell St. Valparaiso, IN 46385
(219) 531-3000