PORTER COUNTY | Some say Thanksgiving should be more than just a single day. When you donate blood through the American Red Cross, you can give thanks for a lifetime.
“As you reflect on what you are grateful for this holiday season, set aside time to come donate blood,” said Tracy Fox, spokesperson for the Indiana-Ohio Blood Services Region of the American Red Cross. “Your donation can give someone another moment, another day, another holiday to spend with love ones and friends. And that’s something to feel thankful for.”
Blood donations can dip around the holidays, making it important for donors to make and keep appointments to ensure a strong and stable blood supply for sick and injured people.
“If you want to express your gratitude this holiday season and do something meaningful for others, try blood donation,” said Fox, “Someone, maybe in your very community, will need blood this holiday season and will be thankful for the gift of life you can give.”
Area blood drives:
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Harley-Davidson, 1151 U.S. 30, Valparaiso.
• 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Boys & Girls Club of Porter County in the small gymnasium, 354 Jefferson St., Valparaiso.
• 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday at St. Peter Lutheran Church in the Kitchen & Social Hall, 6540 Central Ave., Portage.
• 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 22 at the First United Methodist Church of Portage in the Fellowship Hall, 2637 McCool Road, Portage.
• 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at the YMCA of Portage, 3100 Willowcreek Road, Portage. All who come to donate will receive an American Red Cross t-shirt, while supplies last.
To schedule an appointment to donate, call (800) 733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org for more information.