The longer I stayed here, the more likely I thought I would never be saying goodbye, but I guess it goes to show that one never knows what the…
As you have probably seen in the paper the past few weeks, the Tolleston project (which is remodeling the old Tolleston building into a new Bo…
We start paying a Lake County income tax in October.
Where will the money come from?
Remember the George Gershwin tune, "Someone to Watch Over Me"? Start working on a techno version.
Who was the happiest person in Lake County Friday morning? I couldn't reach her by phone to verify this, but I'm pretty sure it was Christine Cid.
Northwest Indiana has languished in mediocrity for far too long, largely because of an unwillingness to raise or spend money.
Mike Repay’s yard signs prior to the 2012 Lake County commissioner’s Democratic primary were emphatic — “No new taxes.”
As his name implies, Kenny Lone Eagle is a Native American. You know, the people we used to call Indians and whose butts John Wayne kicked in …
One of the joys of commuting along more-or-less rural roads is watching as the bodies of roadkills slowly swell to explosive proportions. (My …
Follow The Times
Mickey's car barn is widely recognized as being a top leader i…
Whether you are just starting a business or have been around f…
Your furnace should be cleaned annually.
Submit a Letter to Editor
We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.Letters may be submitted:
- Via our submission form.
- Via e-mail.
- Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
- Via mail or by hand to our offices:
- 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
- 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
- 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
- 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
- Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"
Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season10 hours ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins12 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm