Mark Kiesling has been the general columnist for The Times since 2004 and previously covered crime, courts and politics in Lake County and Cook County since 1978.
He was named Indiana's best columnist at a large newspaper in 2004 and again in 2008.
He has worked at The Times since 1985, has contributed to two books on organized crime in Chicago and been a consultant on outlaw motorcycle gangs for The History Channel's "Gangland" series.
Follow The Times
Is your sink leaking? Call Access A Plumber 24/7
Flamingos Available to fill your yard!
Pete Doherty is an accomplished scenic photographer!
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Established in 1997, Forest Ridge Family Dentistry is a genera…
Submit a Letter to Editor
We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.Letters may be submitted:
- Via our submission form.
- Via e-mail.
- Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
- Via mail or by hand to our offices:
- 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
- 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
- 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
- 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
- Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"
Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357
Is John Clark worth the money the Gary/Chicago International Airport Authority is spending on him?
- LIVE: RailCats morning game vs. WichitaMay 22, 2013 10:45 am
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the seasonMay 21, 2013 10:45 am
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason beginsMay 21, 2013 8:36 am
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm