Mark Kiesling has been the general columnist for The Times since 2004 and previously covered crime, courts and politics in Lake County and Cook County since 1978.
He was named Indiana's best columnist at a large newspaper in 2004 and again in 2008.
He has worked at The Times since 1985, has contributed to two books on organized crime in Chicago and been a consultant on outlaw motorcycle gangs for The History Channel's "Gangland" series.
Follow The Times
Don’t wait. Stop in today. Its never too late to start workin…
Call Jack & Vernon's Septic Service today for your estimat…
We Cover It All! Stop in today!
In business for over 42 years, we have the expertise to get yo…
10% off when you mention this ad.
Submit a Letter to Editor
We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.Letters may be submitted:
- Via our submission form.
- Via e-mail.
- Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
- Via mail or by hand to our offices:
- 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
- 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
- 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
- 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
- Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"
Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357
Should Indiana require ignition interlock devices to be installed upon conviction for drunken driving?
- LIVE: RailCats morning game vs. Wichita11 hours ago
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the seasonMay 21, 2013 10:45 am
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason beginsMay 21, 2013 8:36 am
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm