- 1 Man loses job, goes to jail after Facebook comments targeting police
- 2 Four teens charged in killing at River Oaks Mall
- 3 Officials seek help ID'ing woman killed by semi on U.S. 30
- 4 Munster man expected to serve 11 years under OWI plea agreement
- 5 Trees, utility poles downed as storm slams region
Phil started his journalism career in 1967 as a copy boy with The Cleveland Press while attending Cleveland State University. He has been a reporter and columnist at The Times since 1984, winning multiple awards in both categories.
He currently covers Valparaiso, Kouts and Hebron in addition to writing a weekly column dealing mostly with politics in Porter County.
In his spare time he enjoys playing softball, and he has written two books, one of which is in the hands of a publisher. He and his wife Mary have a son and two grandchildren.
Governments always needs more money, and legislators stay up nights thinking of ways to make us pay more even if it means we're paying for doi…
This supposedly is the age of mass communication, but there are 10 billion channels and nothing on in some people's brains.
For more than three years Tom Clark has waited for a call from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency telling him to bring his batch of bugs…
It's a wonder anyone runs for office anymore.
Follow The Times
Enjoy a Party Room or private full facility event.
Visit our website here!
Visit our website for more information!
We believe in people before profits! We believe that by puttin…
Submit a Letter to Editor
We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.Letters may be submitted:
- Via our submission form.
- Via e-mail.
- Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
- Via mail or by hand to our offices:
- 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
- 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
- 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
- 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
- Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"
Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357
Should the Indiana attorney general's office compel all Lake County municipalities to merge E-911 dispatch services?