Nancy Adams

2010-10-29T00:00:00Z 2014-04-16T18:17:08Z Nancy Adams nwitimes.com
October 29, 2010 12:00 am

Nancy Adams

Valparaiso

Republican

Political experience: None. First election.

Office sought: Porter County commissioner

What prompted your decision to seek this office?

My husband and I almost lost our restaurant because our property taxes went up 66 percent. Many others faced the same issue. Through further research, I found there were countless problems in county government. I decided it was time to get involved.

Top 3 Goals

• Job creation: We need an economic development plan that will enable our existing companies to thrive and create more jobs. That will allow us to attract new companies that will create quality high-paying jobs. We need to get our people back to work.

• Efficient and accountable county government: The commissioners need to provide the leadership for the functions of county government, working with all departments to provide resources and support to get their work accomplished effectively.

• A plan: A vision without action is a daydream. An action without vision is a nightmare. The same can be said about a plan. A plan is the only way we can measure our success or failure.

Why should the voters choose you?

Unlike my opponent, I have the experience and leadership for county government to function effectively. I have the ability and desire to communicate with people who work inside and outside county government.

What else would you like to tell us?

Although I am new to politics, I have already learned by talking with and listening to people from all parts of the county that we can accomplish great things by working together.

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"

Questions?

Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357

Poll

Loading…

Should every unit of local government ban nepotism?

View Results

National Video