Sandy S. Linden

2014-04-27T00:00:00Z Sandy S. Linden nwitimes.com
April 27, 2014 12:00 am

Lowell

Office sought: Cedar Creek Township Board

Political experience: I have experience as an X-ray technician, pharmacy tech, medical transcriptionist, medical insurance filer and in a durable medical equipment company.

I graduated from Indiana University Northwest, and I am a member of the Indian Trail Grange in Lowell.

What prompted your decision to run for this office?

My involvement with fighting the Illiana Toll Road has compelled me to get more involved in my community and to support the best interests of its residents.

Top three goals

My main goal as a Cedar Creek Township Board member would be to continue to stand up for the area taxpayers.

I would offer my assistance and time to the Cedar Creek Township trustee in researching all options available in the hopes of providing the necessary needs and services to the community without adding more taxes on the already overtaxed residents.

I would support, promote and uphold the friendly small town environment the people in the Lowell area embrace and new residents move here for.

Why should voters choose you?

I have spent several years actively fighting the Illiana Toll Road. The studies show no real local benefits yet would require more Lowell area tax money to pay for the new unfunded demands of increased road maintenance and emergency services.

What would you do on your first day in office?

I would look forward to putting in the time and effort needed to aid and support the Cedar Creek trustee in providing services to the community without adding to the tax burden of its residents.

What else would you like to tell us?

I have been married for 36 years. My husband, Ed, grew up in Lowell during the '50s and '60s. He always wanted to move back to the small town, rural atmosphere of Lowell, and 10 years ago we moved into a house we built in Cedar Creek Township.

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"

Questions?

Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357

Poll

Loading…

Who do you support for Porter County commissioner?

View Results