The Washington Redskins might be looking for a new team name. Here are some suggestions.
- “The Know Nothings,” a tribute to a president who knows nothing about any scandal until he sees it on the news.
- “The Looters," a tribute to lifetime scamming senators and congressmen.
- “The Clowns," self-explanatory.
- “The Vandals," named after a tribe that sacked and burned Rome. In this case the Republic.
- “The Untouchables," named for politicians who pass laws they are exempt from.
I’m still not sure if Native Americans are upset over the use of the word Redskins or being mentioned in the same breath as Washington, D.C.
- Leon Gamino, Hammond